Intended Use of Personal Information
The expression “Personal Data” used herein has the meaning ascribed to it under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”).
In order for you to enjoy our various products and services, it is necessary for you to provide us with certain essential Personal Data as indicated at the time of collection. We may also ask for other information which helps us to offer you better products and services. The types of Personal Data we may collect include [name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number, email address, identity card number, date of birth, gender, photo]。
JINS Hong Kong Limited (“the Company”) uses Personal Data provided by customers for the following purposes:
- Sending information about purchase history, etc. to customers
- Offering information for reference purposes when a customer is selecting lenses
- Collection and return of payments for products purchased online
- Sending notifications of delivery of products
- Delivery of products requested
- Sending information on the Company’s products, services and various campaigns
- Improvement and development of products and services of the Company
- Sending other information on products as part of our after-sales service
As the above purposes may include use of your Personal Data for direct marketing, we may not so use unless we have received your consent. With your consent or indication of no objection, we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future in relation to offers and promotions from the Company).
If you disagree with any of the purposes indicated above, please contact the JINS HK Personal Data Protection Helpdesk (contact details specified below) to notify your disagreement as an opt-out option. You may cancel or change your notification at any time.
Disclosure and Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
In principle, the Company does not disclose nor provide customers’ Personal Data to any third party; provided, however, that the Company may disclose or provide customers’ Personal Data in the following cases:
- When the customer has agreed to such disclosure or provision
- When the disclosure of information is necessary to protect the customer’s life, health or assets but it is difficult to obtain agreement from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is particularly necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound development of a child but it is difficult to obtain consent from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is necessary in supporting the efforts of a state or local governmental organization or the party receiving consignment thereof to carry out the administrative process required by law, but obtaining agreement of the customer may interfere with the execution of the said administrative process
- When outsourcing all or part of the handling of Personal Data to a third party within the extent necessary to achieve said purpose of use set
- When the obligation of the Company to disclose or provide information is stipulated by law or the disclosure or provision of information is permitted by law
- When the customer makes a purchase or request for a product or service of the Company or a third party through the Company, and the Company is asked by the third party or the shipping company to provide the necessary information so as to complete the purchase or facilitate the customer’s request
- When transferring information in connection with the Company’s transfer of all or part of its sales operations to a third party, or providing information to a third party as part of a business succession associated with a merger, acquisition, company split or other circumstances
- When disclosing or providing information in a way that customers cannot be individually identified
- In the event there is a risk that the rights and assets of the Company or a prudent third party may be damaged due to the customer’s illegal act or violation of contract with the Company and the Company acknowledges that disclosure of information is necessary to suspend the illegal act or violation or to avoid any damage from occurring or increasing
Use of Statistical Data
The Company may, based on the Personal Data obtained, prepare statistical data in ways so that individuals cannot be identified and use such data without restriction for such statistical purposes.
Personal Data of Underage Customers
In regard to the Personal Data of underage customers, please provide your information only if there is agreement from your parent/guardian.
Party Handling Personal Data
The following party shall duly handle and manage Personal Data provided:
Personal Data Protection staff of Administration Division
JINS Hong Kong Limited
Inquiries about Personal Data
You have the right to::
- check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- access your Personal Data held by us;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us;
- opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
If you have any requests or questions regarding handling of Personal Data, including disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, deletion, etc. of Personal Data you have provided, please contact the following:
JINS HK Personal Data Protection Helpdesk
Changes and Notification
The Company may alter the content of “Handling of Personal Data” herein without any prior notice. The Company discloses the latest information in its stores and on this company website (https://www.jins.com/hk/en/) at all times. Therefore, please check the updated information periodically.
Supervision over Contractors
The Company may outsource the handling of Personal Data to an outside party for the purpose of providing products and services. The Company will select a sub-contractor which is recognized to handle personal information properly and securely, and will instruct and supervise the sub-contractor to manage and protect personal information in a proper and secure manner.
Compliance with the Ordinance and Other Laws
The Company complies with the Ordinance and other laws and regulations, guidelines issued by Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data in Hong Kong.
Special Rules on Personal Data of Applicants for Employment
(1) Intended use of Personal Data
The Company uses Personal Data of Applicants for Employment provided by Applicants for Employment via the Website or other means, (Personal Data of Applicants for Employment provided by recruiters, schools, recommenders and other information providers), and results of interviews and examinations (the aforesaid collectively referred to as “Information on Applicants for Employment”) for purposes of screening and hiring process and provision of hiring information to Applicants for Employment.
When an Applicant is hired, the Personal Data of Applicant for Employment are used for purposes of human resources management and labor relations.
The Company may extract from Information on Applicants for Employment data based on which individuals cannot be identified and use such data to compile statistics and to perform analysis as part of hiring activities.
(2) Use of Information on Applicants for Employment and provision of information to a third party
The Company will not use the résumés (Personal Data of Applicants for Employment) obtained in the course of the screening process for purposes other than the Company’s hiring operation.
In regard to the Personal Data of individuals who are not hired as a result of the screening process, the Company will be responsible for securely disposing of the information within the retention period required or as permitted by law.
Cookies are information files that are stored in your computer hard drive or browser via which we can recognize that you have visited our Website before.
The types of data we may collect from you during your visit to our Website include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Website.
- To provide customized services for each customer by referring to the customer information stored when the customer logs in to an authorized service
- To present the most appropriate advertisements on sites of other companies based on the interests of customers and the use of the Company’s Website
- To track the number of visitors to the Website and examine the traffic
- To improve the services of the Company
- For ensuring security, to encourage customers to reenter his/her password (reauthorize) after a certain period of time has passed from initial access. The Company may, based on the entrustment of delivery of the Company’s advertisements to a third party, store and refer to the Company’s cookies via the third party.
You may refuse to accept Cookies but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our Website.
JINS Hong Kong Limited